For Immediate Release
Date: November 07, 2018 3:24 PM
Case Number: SR18-08777
Firearm Located During Warrant Arrest
On Wednesday, November 7, 2018 at approximately 4:00 a.m. an officer on patrol saw a vehicle parked on Bayview St. next to Short preschool. The officer was aware that the person associated with the vehicle had an outstanding warrant for his arrest from Contra Costa County. The officer stopped to check the vehicle and found the suspect inside the car with a young woman. The officer confirmed the warrant and arrested Tyler Revels, 21 years old, of San Rafael.
Revels was on probation in Contra Costa County. The conditions of his probation include a search and seizure clause. Officers searched Revels’ vehicle and found an unregistered Mac 11 automatic pistol and a loaded high capacity magazine. The pistol is a banned weapon according to California law. Revels is prohibited from possessing firearms because he is a convicted felon.
The location of where he was contacted was within 1000 feet of school grounds. Revels was booked into the Marin County Jail on the outstanding warrant and the additional listed charges.
- 29800(a)(1) PC – Felon in possession of a firearm
- 30505(a)(1) PC – Felon in possession of ammunition
- 30600 (a) PC – Possession of assault weapon
- 32310 PC – Possession of high capacity magazine
- 25400(a)(1) PC – concealed firearm in a vehicle
- 626.9 PC – Firearm within 1000 feet of school grounds.
# # #
Posted: November 07, 2018 6:24 PST by Sgt. Lisa Holton