For Immediate Release
Date: July 26, 2022 10:30 AM
TRAFFIC ADVISORY: San Rafael Sunset Bike Criterium Returns to Downtown San Rafael Saturday, July 30, 2022
San Rafael, CA – On Saturday, July 30, 2022, The San Rafael Sunset Criterium bike racing event returns to downtown San Rafael. There will be road closures in place from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
The following road closures will in be place during the event:
- Fourth Street between Lootens Place and E Street – Both Directions
- Fifth Avenue between Court Street and E Street – Both Directions
- A Street Between Third Street and Fifth Avenue – Both Directions
- B Street Between Third Street and Fifth Avenue – One-Way Street
- C Street between Third Street and Fifth Avenue – Both Directions
- D Street between Third Street and Fifth Avenue – Both Directions
- Julia Street between A Street and B Street – One-Way Street
- Via Sessi from D Street – Both Directions
The downtown parking garages along Third Street will remain open and accessible to the public. The only parking garage that will not be accessible is at Fifth Avenue and C Street.
Eastbound and westbound traffic will be detoured through downtown San Rafael via Second Street, Third Street, and Mission Avenue. Lincoln Avenue, Lootens Place, and E Street will remain open for northbound and southbound travel around the closure.
Detour signs will be posted at the closures.
While the streets will be closed to vehicle traffic, the sidewalks will remain open to pedestrians who will be able to watch the bike race, access downtown businesses, and residences.
# # #
Posted: July 26, 2022 10:29 PDT by Sergeant Justin Graham